The Department of Radiology at UMass Memorial Medical Center is a growing and vibrant setting for professional development.
And we are committed to the expansion in the areas of Neurointerventional, Vascular Interventional, and Body Interventional.
We are seeking a Nurse Manager for the coordination of nursing practices and services for Interventional and Diagnostic Angiography and Nuclear Medicine on the University and Memorial campuses.
In this role you will manage a staff of 30 people, including nurses, radiologic technologists, nuclear medicine nurses, and support staff, and will interface with a host of other departments. We have seen tremendous growth in our department and as such the Nurse Manager will be involved in developing projects related to the continued expansion of our services.
- A broad and thorough knowledge of the nursing disciplines, critical care experience, radiology nursing practices and standards is essential.
- BSN required with current Massachusetts licensure and registration required. Radiology Nurse Certification (CRN) preferred. Minimum of 3 years directly related work in Radiology of Interventional Radiology practice.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with radiologists, attending physicians, department managers and staff members is needed.
- Strong skills in written, interpersonal and organizational communications.
- Excellent motivational and communication skills are required, along with a proven ability to lead discussions and train others successfully.
- Ensuring delivery of prompt and professional services, excellent follow-up skills, and provide problem resolution and recommend change on a wide range of issues.
- Experience with quality/performance improvement initiatives is needed.
- Experience with regulatory agencies and their requirements relative to safe practice, (i.e., The Joint Commission) is also needed.
Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with radiologists, attending physicians, staff and department managers. Critical care experience and understanding of Radiology Nurse practice standards is essential.
If you're ready to be inspired, visit our website at www.umassmemorial.org