Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing-b (XDS.b)
The Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing-b (XDS.b) Integration Profile is part if the IHE IT Infrastructure technical framework.
This new profile accomplishes the following:
- Updates the XDS Web Services implementation to SOAP 1.2
- Updates the XDS transactions to use ebXML Registry 3.0 metadata
- Updates the Provide and Register Document Set "on-line" mode transaction to use MTOM instead of the legacy SOAP with Attachments (SwA) mechanism
- Defines a new transaction which provides an MTOM binding for the XDS Retrieve Document transaction (new transaction now named "Retrieve Document Set")
- Updates the IHE XDS Registry Stored Query transaction to be consistent with the other XDS.b transactions. The Registry Stored Query transaction is the same in XDS.a and XDS.b
- Provides informative Web Services Description Language (WSDL) contracts for all the required IHE XDS.b Transactions and WSDL fragments for the options
- References the new Patient Identity Feed HL7v3 [ITI-44] transaction in addition to the existing Patient Identity Feed [ITI-8] transaction based on HL7v2.
The XDS.b Integration Profile is the basis for IHE work in the area of security (see XUA Supplement) and Cross Community communication (see XCA Supplement).
Source: IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Framework Supplement 2007-2008: Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing-b (XDS.b)